Parenting Plan Modification

The Parenting Plan is the legal document that will be the framework as to how both parents will share custody of their child until the child is 18 years of age.  This document will not only outline the visitation during the week, but will also include holidays, school breaks, who will claim the child on taxes, and major decisions such as emergency care, religious upbringing and extracurricular activities.  At Parker & Pugh, we understand that just because a parenting plan worked for the first couple of years, it might not work once the child reaches school age or if one parent decides to move.

One thing that we always tell our clients is that nothing is permanent.  All if takes to modify a parenting plan is a “material change in circumstances.”  This change in circumstances can be any number of things.  Just like a divorce, a Petition to Modify a Parenting Plan can either be uncontested or contested.  If the parties are in agreement in modifying all aspects of the parenting plan, our attorneys can draw up the required paperwork and get it filed for you without you even going to court.  If an agreement cannot be reached, our experienced trial lawyers will be happy to take your case to court and fight for your rights.

If you are thinking about modifying your parenting plan, if you have been served with a petition to modify your parenting plan or if you just do not know how to move forward, contact Parker & Pugh for your free consultation.  We have handled hundreds of parenting plan modifications over the years and look forward to helping you.  We are open five days a week and can even accommodate weekend and afterhours appointments if necessary.  Payment plans are available and we accept credit cards for your convenience.

Get The Help You Deserve!


Parker & Pugh, PLLC
118 Franklin St.
Clarksville, TN 37040
Office – (931) 551-4403



Office Hours:

Mon – Fri: 8:00a – 5:00p
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed

Parker & Pugh, PLLC

Parker & Pugh, PLLC

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.